Analysis, evaluation, and recommendation of credit applications.
Outputs to deliver this accountability:50%
- Preparation of credit applications for recommendations to the sanctioners.
- Ensures that all credit applications are assessed within the agreed SLA time.
- Ensuring that his/her assessment and recommendations of credit applications comply with requirements as per approved credit and provisioning policy.
- Work in partnership with RMs on new and existing credit applications, providing guidance on credit appetite and consulting with Credit Team as appropriate
- Attend customer meetings with the Relationship manager if credit related issues are to be discussed/need to be resolved.
Filing information into customer information credit monitoring files without fail. 15%
- Ensure that all registers are marked appropriately and kept up to date.
- Ensure that all appropriate records are filed in an acceptable way. Files are appropriately stored.
Monitoring performance of clients’ accounts and where necessary propose remedial measures.-35%
- Monitor and Control quality of portfolio using Condition of sanction triggers where possible. Discussing with sanctioners deteriorating trends and trigger events if they give cause of concern advising the Relationship Manager simultaneously
- Ensures that appropriate excesses are diarized, and new excess returns filed accordingly.
- Check on daily risk reports and work on exceptions and/or irregular behavior.
- Provide specific instructions to RM and escalate any issue that will need other stakeholders’ attention.
- Ensure all facilities are timely reviewed.
Perform other duties as reasonably assigned.
Bachelor's Degree - Business, Commerce and Management Studies, Credit Risk (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Digital familiarity (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Experience in a similar environment, Openness to change (Meets some of the requirements and would need further development), Reasoning (Meets all of the requirements)