Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves – as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes – the community and the most vulnerable. CCBRT is Tanzania’s largest local provider of disability and rehabilitation services in the country. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and recently opened its Maternity and Newborn Wing which serves as a referral centre for high risk and emergency deliveries in the region of Dar es Salaam and the Eastern Zone of Tanzania
For expansion of our services and strengthening our existing team, we are looking for a dedicated and skilled Anaesthetist to join our Anaesthesia team.
As aneasthetist, you examine patients, obtain medical history, and use diagnostic tests to determine risks during surgical, obstetrical, and other medical procedures. You will collaborate with healthcare professionals to plan or provide treatment and coordinate administration of anesthetics with surgeons during operation. You monitor patient before, during, and after anesthesia and counteract adverse reactions or complications. You administer anesthetic or sedation during medical procedures, using local, intravenous, spinal, or caudal methods. Furthermore, you provide and maintain life support and airway management and help prepare patients for emergency surgery.
As part of the team your perform all administrative and logistic duties required in relation to the provision of anaesthetic services. You take part in shift work and night duties as required.
- Completed successfully secondary education and has obtained a professional certificate as nurse or clinician with additional specialization in anesthesiology
- At least 4 years of working experience in a hospital setting is required;
- Demonstrate excellent anesthesiology specialization expertise
- Registered with the respective professional council of Tanganyika and in possession of valid license to practice
- Proven effective counselling skills
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Swahili Computer literate