Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Limited (TICTS), located at Dar es Salaam, is the country’s largest container terminal.The Port of Dar es Salaam handles more than 75 percent of Tanzania’s trade and is a vital gateway not just to Tanzania, but also to eastern, central and Southern Africa. The port is strengthening its role as the county’s maritime gateway, investing in modern IT systems and mobile equipment while constantly improving its productivity levels, efficiency and customer service.
Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Limited (TICTS) or Hutchison Ports Tanzania is a member of Hutchison Ports, the port and related services division of CK Hutchison Holdings Limited (CK Hutchison). Hutchison Ports is the world’s leading port investor, developer and operator with a network of port operations in 52 ports spanning 26 countries throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia. Over the years, Hutchison Port has expanded into other logistics and transportation-related businesses, including cruise ship terminals, airport operations, distribution centres, rail services and ship repair facilities.
We are seeking applicant from suitably qualified, motivated individuals to fill position of Supply Chain Manager in our Finance Department.
Overall Purpose of Job
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading and managing the procurement function and stores. Maintains contact with suppliers and contractors. Make recommendations to Senior Management on cost effective procurement, quality, efficiency and inventory Management. Smart procurement and inventory management have direct and lasting impact to the bottom line of TICTS.
Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, receiving and disposal of materials. Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as Engineering, IT, Operations, Finance and Human Resources. Direct or coordinate procurement, stores and finance to ensure cost effective practices. Supervise and lead Stores in-Charge and procurement manager and all the team under. Oversees efficient and effective procurement and inventory management. Develop and implement effective material management process to code and track move of high value materials or materials of high potential loss. Manage material obsolesce process by annual review of slow moving or non-moving materials, identify and seek approval of obsolete material removal, isolate the material pending removal, closely ensure only written- off material is removed from inventory. Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations and laws.
Qualification and skills level
This position requires a professional with specific level of education and skills to enable the candidate to perform assigned tasks in accordance with TICTS working standards. The following are the minimum requirements.
Applicants should possess.
- Degree in procurement, stores or materials management or other equivalent degree.
- Certified Procurement and Supplies Professional (CPSP)
- Master’s degree in business administration or other relevant field will be added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in management of procurement & stores in large organization.
- Advanced IT skills in Office 365 (MS Office) and procurement & inventory management systems.
- Excellent organization, supervisory, managerial and leadership skills.
- Competence and knowledge of supply chain management.
- Market knowledge of credible suppliers and contractors.
- Multitasking skills and can work under pressure.
- Analytical and computational skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills, Oral and written expression in English.
- Excellent problem analysis, Creativity and ingeniousness, decisiveness.